What Is the Best Hunting Slingshot? Top Rated Slingshots Reviews
If you want to step up your slingshot hunting game is time to dig in the stores for something creating by professionals for your needs.
These days it's easy to pick a slingshot designed for you if the classic one doesn't do its job as you would like it. Most of them are highly adjustable, and they have features that help with the accuracy of your shooting, but in the end, you just have to hold it in your hand and try it.
It takes a while find out what design and what features you need, but we are here to make your search easier, we made a list of the best hunting slingshots, that we believe are worth their money.
You can easily make a basic slingshot as home but is not nearly as powerful as the ones listed below, so if you want to find out what’s the best slingshot for hunting. Keep reading
Best Hunting Slingshot
Picking The Right Slingshot
Several changes can be made on this weapon to increase its efficiency; it's user-friendly design and its durability.
Commercial slingshots come with a more elastic band which allows you to use bigger ammunition, therefore, increased efficiency when hunting. What can be more stressful than hitting your prey and the rock or the steel ball didn't create enough damage to kill the animal?
Wooden stock is not being replaced with sturdy plastic or metal. Avoid slingshots made out wood since they don't last that long, rain and snow damage the wood, and your slingshot will have a shorter lifespan.
Must Consider Before Buying
- If you like using powerful hunting bands make sure your slingshot has the option of keeping your forks low to reduce wrist strain
- Elastic grooves must be high up, away from the hand to lower the risk of hurting yourself
- Check the bands, and it has to run perfectly straight and be even on both sides
- Many slingshots hunter love the slimmer version, which feels light yet sturdy when hunting. The slimmer version is more comfortable to use than big ones.
- Thumb braces or finger grooves can be useful if you are just getting started to use a professional slingshot, not all hunters feel the need for it, but it can make your grip feel comfortable
- The finish is critical; wood will be damaged in bad weather, on the other side metal and hard plastic is a better option.
- Make sure the frame is smooth and soft when touched; a rough frame will make your fingers uncomfortable.
- The size you need is something that is up to you to decide, but crucial for your comfort, how will you carry your slingshot? Do you like the massive, impressive frames or are you looking for something useful of the size of your pocket?
The Glove Shoots Option
What are you looking for a survival slingshot? If you want to look into stronger slingshots that have incorporated a wrist guard, a glove shot could be perfect for you. It’s comfortable and safe for the user, you will never encounter any surprises using this, however since it allows heavier ammunition due to its stability, is very easy to create a lot of harm with these.
The laws in some states don't allow using them, so before you purchase them, make sure you check the rules of hunting in the state you are currently hunting.
Features To Look For Into A Slingshot
They are few things that every good slingshot should have to transform the classic design into a pro weapon. Just a few tweaks and the old slingshot is being into a deadly weapon; they are even military slingshots out there that used by the Ukrainian army.
The modern slingshots have two kinds of bands: flat bands and rubber tubing. To pick what suits your needs you have to ask yourself a few questions about how you are going to use the slingshot.
If you want to use the slingshot for hunting, rubber tubing is perfect for you due to its durability, while flat bands are more accurate and they are the best as a self-defense weapon, yes slingshots can be used even for self-defense purposes.
Tubes tend to last longer; they would be the better choice if you are planning to use a hunting slingshot to feed yourself over an extended period
There are many types of slingshot tubes to suit any desired draw weight, check out the guide below:
The advantages of flat bands are that they are easier to draw and they produce a faster projectile if you won't be shooting a lot but you want a better accuracy when you do, flat bands are made for you.
Flat bands are also a good self-defense option since they are fast and accurate you can easily shot at aggressive people.
You can improve the accuracy of your shots by using a sight. It's a great feature for a novice because it can improve the accuracy of the shots. However, don't assume that a sight will save you from practicing; it can help but is up to you to invest your time into learning how to use your slingshot
If your goal is to use your slingshot for self-defense, for larger targets you don’t need a sight.
The Top 5 Best Hunting Slingshot On The Market
This powerful slingshot brings on the table eight rubber bands and an ergonomic molded handle grip that feels comfortable in your hands.With a stunning design, that doesn’t remind of the classic slingshot comes with an equally elegant gift, a small and light leather bag.
- Strong, durable rubber bands
- Ergonomic molded handle
- Stylish design
- Comes with a light leather bag
- It doesn’t have any modern features
- For day hunting only, it doesn’t come with a flashlight
#2- Top Rated slingshots: The Scout Hunting Slingshot- Scout Slingshot
The Scout Hunting Slingshot has a polycarbonate frame that is capable of heavy use; the rubber over-mold ensures comfort and its sweaty hands friendly, and capable of being fitted with many types of elastic. The small frame is being marketed at both teenagers and ladies
- Made out of polycarbonate construction
- Robust and durable frame ( glass filled with nylon)
- The high-quality frame allows heavy use
- Has Latex Flat bands (for accurate shooting) but you can use tubes too
- It has included a helpful owner manual that will help you assemble it
- Compatible with all types of flat bands flat bands
- Highly adjustable, you can adjust it to any shooter and shooting style
- Small frame, can be used only by the ones with little hands
- For beginners only
Don’t let the minimalistic design fool you, even though it fits your pocket this polycarbonate slingshot is durable and reliable and its recommended to experienced users. What makes this slingshot so great despite its small size? Let’s find out.
- Made out of polycarbonate
- Lightweight fits in your pocket yet capable of being equipped with thick flat bands or tubes for hunting
- Ideal for both left and right-hand shooters
- Has included user manual
- Professional slingshot, aimed at experienced users
- Inexpensive can be considered quite a bargain
- No infrared sight
- No flashlight light
With a simple and comfortable design, this slingshot is aimed at hunters and it works its best at short ranges. Even thought is not a slingshot that should be used at night and it doesn’t have any feature that improves the accuracy of the shooting.
This model is perfect for the ones who know how to shoot without the help of a sight, the powerful rubber bands will do their part if you have some experience with slingshots. Highly adjustable, it can be used by everyone, doesn’t matter how big or small your hand is.
- Power bands, this slingshot has strong rubber bands, actually they could be the strongest available right now.
- Dedicated to hunters, works best at short ranges
- The steel frame is fully adjustable, with extra wide forks that stay in place every time yu shoot
- Easy to hold and comfortable
- Sweaty hands friendly handle
- Lightweight, fits in your pocket
- It can’t be used successfully at long ranges
- It can only hold small ammunition
The winner is The Scout Hunting Slingshot ,we picked this model because this is rich in features, stable and above all, it’s suitable for hunters who take hunting seriously.
What I like the most about this slingshot that is both easy to use for someone who is just getting started but is powerful enough to satisfy an experienced hunter. Most slingshots are marketed at a narrow group, either beginner, youngsters or experienced, and this is made for everyone since is easy to use yet powerful on the hunting field., highly adjustable it robust enough to impress a well-versed hunter but at the same time, is easy to assemble, and has many features that help beginners bring the best of their game.
Another feature that we love is it’s ambidextrous design, which makes it great for both great for left or right hand shooters.
This slingshot also has the option of keeping fork low and therefore reduce wrist strain the elastic grooves are high up, away from the hand, you can be sure that you won't hurt yourself even if you never used a slingshot before.
The frame is light yet made out of an almost indestructible material(poly carbonate, and it can be easily carried around since it doesn't take a lot of space.
The only downside of this slingshot is that it doesn't have finger grooves that can be useful for some since it helps to make your hand feel more comfortable.
Depending on your goals, this slingshot can take heavier ammunition too; even though is not recommended to start with heavy ammunition; the well-versed hunters don't have to worry about that.
Kids will love it; adults will love it and hopefully you too.
This All The Best Hunting SlingShot. If you have any questions or suggestions don’t hesitate to leave us a comment. What’s model is your favorite slingshot and what features do you believe it makes a hunting slingshot a good purchase?